August 8, 2016
This recipe is from “Mummy and Me cookbook, by Annabel Karmel. Makes 8 big bars, or 16 smaller squares. I doubled the recipe last time and it made a lot of them!
You can substitute any sort of nut, dried fruit or seed, so long as you keep the ratios roughly the same.
- 80g butter
- 80g light brown sugar
- 60g golden syrup (or treacle or molasses)
- 130g oats
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 large dried apricots (or other dried fruit you have handy)
- 35g raisins (or sultanas or currents)
- 35g dried cranberries
- 30g desiccated coconut
- 30g pecans, pumpkin seeds, or any other nut or seed.
- Melt butter, sugar and golden syrup in a saucepan over low heat
- Put the rest of the ingredients into a big bowl. Cutting larger ones down as necessary.
- Add the melted mixture to the dry ingredients
- Mix until everything is combined
- Spoon it into a lined baking tray, and use a potato masher to level the surface
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 20 min
- Cut into bars or squares, and store in an airtight container