November 19, 2011
Mini Zucchini Fritters
Recipe adapted from: http://muchadoaboutpie.wordpress.com/2011/08/17/mini-zucchini-fritters/
- 3-4 regular sized zucchini, grated (you know, regular, 7-8 cm long, < 2cm wide)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- a handful of chopped parsley
- 2 chopped green onions
- 2 large eggs
- a dash or two of pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/8 tsp-ish cayenne pepper (optional, amount varies depending on taste)
- oil for frying
- plain yogurt for serving
- Grate the zucchini–just chop off the stem end and grate that thing!
- Mix all ingredients except the oil and yogurt together until they’re well-combined.
- Heat oil (maybe 2-3 Tbsp, just enough to cover the skillet, add more as needed) in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Use a tablespoon to drop little rounded zucchini patties into the oil.
- Fry on each side until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with yogurt on the side.