November 15, 2008
Lemon Asparagus Chicken with Dill
Makes 2 (1-1/2 cup) servings
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup asparagus, cut in 2-inch pieces
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 170g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in bite-size pieces
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsps olive oil
- 1-1/2 tsps dried dill weed
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsps finely chopped parsley
- Prepare rice according to package directions, adding bouillon granules to water.
- Meanwhile, place 1/2 cup water in 12-inch nonstick skillet; bring to a boil.
- Add asparagus; return to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; set aside. Wipe out skillet with paper towel.
- Coat same skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add chicken; cook and stir 3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from heat; add asparagus.
- Cover and keep warm.
- Combine lemon juice, oil, dill and salt in small bowl.
- Add rice, lemon juice mixture and parsley to chicken mixture; stir until blended.