April 27, 2011
Cinnamon Tea Cake also known as Donut Cake
I got this recipe from Meghan from my mother’s group. It’s super easy and tastes awesome. Add ½ a cup of cocoa powder to get a chocolate cake. Can also be made into muffins! Thanks Meghan!
- 60 g butter, softened
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- 15 g melted butter
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180 or 160 fan forced. Grease and flour 18cm round cake tin.
- Beat together butter, sugar, egg and vanilla extract until light and creamy.
- Sift in flour and add milk and mix to smooth and combined.
- Pour into prepared cake tin and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Stand cake in pan for 5 minutes.
- Mix the caster sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl
- Turn out cake onto a wire rack and brush with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar