October 26, 2008
Chocolate Mud Cake
- 1½ cups strong coffee
- 250g butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 250g Cadbury® Dark Cooking Chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups plain flour
- ¼ cup self-raising flour
- ¼ cup Cadbury Bournville® Cocoa
- Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- Place the coffee, butter, brown sugar and chocolate in a saucepan. Stir over a low heat until the sugar dissolves and the chocolate melts.
Pour into a mixing bowl. Cool to room temperature.
- Add the eggs and beat well.
- Sift the dry ingredients and add. Mix well.
- Pour the batter into a greased and lined 28 x 18 cm slab pan (or a 20 cm round pan). Bake at 150°C for 1-1¼ hours until a skewer inserted in the cake comes out cleanly.
Allow to cool in the pan. Dust with icing sugar to serve.