February 10, 2009
Chicken Pasta Salad
Modified version of http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/15002/sausage+and+pasta+salad
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 375g tortiglioni or large spiral pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 300g chicken breast fillets (with no fat or gristle)
- 2 zucchini, sliced lengthways
- 250g yellow or red teardrop or grape tomatoes
- 125g rocket
- 300g bocconcini cheese, sliced
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon oil. Set aside to cool (see tip).
- Bring 1L water to the boil in a pan and add chicken. Return to the boil and poach for 10-12 minutes until cooked through. Leave to cool in the liquid for 5 minutes. Remove and slice thinly.
- Preheat barbecue grill and plate on medium heat. Grill zucchini, turning, for 6 minutes or until chargrilled. Transfer to a plate. Alternatively, fry the zucchini in oil until soft and browned, drain on a paper towel. Toss tomatoes in remaining oil. Barbecue on plate for 1 minute.
- Add chicken, zucchini, tomatoes, rocket and bocconcini to pasta. Pour over dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine and serve immediately.
Notes & tips
- Pasta must be cooled before you add bocconcini, otherwise cheese will clump together.
- You can use this French Salad Dressing recipe instead of the italian dressing.