December 28, 2008
Serving size: Serves 8 Cooking time: Less than 60 minutes Special options: Kid friendly, Vegetarian Course: Snacks Favourite flavours: Cakes/baking, Easy recipes
The best way to warm up your house and make you feel like cosying up to the fire this winter is this delightful banana bread.
- 2 bananas
- 2 tablespoons golden syryp
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- pinch of salt
- Heat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced).
- Grease and line the base of a loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas then add golden syryp. Add sugar and stir in.
Add egg, sifted flour and salt and lightly mix until combined.
- Pour into loaf pan and cook for 30 minutes or until a skewer is inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in tin for 10 minutes, then turn onto wire rack to cool.
- Enjoy it warm straight from the oven or lightly grill it and then enjoy with butter melting on top.
Tip: you can also make variations to this by throwing in a handful of chopped dates just before pouring into tin to bake or adding choc chips to make a choc banana bread.