March 29, 2009
Avocado & Sesame Seed Crusted Salmon
- 1 packet Udon Noodles
- 3 180g salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tblsp oil
- 2 tblsp mint leaves (shredded)
- 1 tblsp wasabi paste
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Coat skin side of salmon fillets with sesame seeds.
- Heat enough oil to cover base of frypan on a medium-high heat.
- Cook salmon fillets, sesame seed side down, for 1 to 2 mins until golden brown. Gently turn and cook other side for about 1 min then remove. Slice while still warm into 1cm wide strips.
- In a bowl whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Meanwhile cook Udon Noodles as per packet instructions.
- Add noodles, onion and mint leaves to the dressing and toss well.
- To serve, top with sliced salmon and avocado. Scatter over reserved mint leaves.