Strawberry Cheese Cake
The sponge biscuit and apple juice base is both different and delicious
Ingredients (serves 10)
- 250g pkt Unibic Sponge Finger biscuits
- 1 cup apple juice
- 500g cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 large lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 3 teaspoons powdered gelatine
- 300ml pouring cream, lightly whipped
- 375g small strawberries, hulled
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- Grease and line the base and sides of a 5.5cm deep, 22cm (base) springform cake pan. Dip biscuits, 1 at a time, into apple juice. Use to line the base of pan, cutting to fit.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon rind until smooth. Heat lemon juice and gelatine in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring with a fork until dissolved. Set aside to cool (gelatine and cream cheese mixtures must be at the same temperature before combining).
- Using electric mixer on low, beat gelatine into cream cheese mixture. Fold in cream, mixing until combined. Spoon filling over base. Smooth surface. Refrigerate cheesecake for at least 4 hours or overnight until set.
- Arrange strawberries, pointed end up, over cheesecake. Warm jam in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl for 45 to 60 seconds on HIGH (100%). Strain through a sieve. Drizzle warm jam over strawberries.
- Chill for 30 minutes or until jam sets. Serve.