Best ever New York cheesecake
Recipe from http://aww.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=595811
Serving size: Serves 8
Cooking time: Less than 60 minutes
- 2 x 250g packet orange cream sandwich biscuits, chopped
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- white chocolate curls to decorate
- 4 x 250g packets cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 300ml thickened cream
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven 160°C/140°C (fan forced). Grease a 22cm round spring form (cake pan base measures 22cm).
- Line base and side of pan with baking paper, extending paper 4cm above edge of pan. Place onto an oven tray.
- Process biscuits and butter in a food processor until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Press over base of prepared pan and chill for 15 minutes.
- To make filling, process cream cheese, sugar and cream in a food processor until smooth.
- Add eggs and process until combined; pour mixture over biscuit base.
Cook for 30 minutes, or until just set. Turn oven off and leave to cool in oven for 1½ hours. Refrigerate overnight.
To serve, decorate with white chocolate curls. You can substitute double choc timtams for the orange biscuits.