"Persian" Rice Salad
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500g skinless chicken breast fillets, trimmed of any fat
- 750ml reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 2 cups mixed salad leaves
- 10 fresh dates, pitted, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey (optional)
- Bring 1L water to the boil in a pan and add chicken. Return to the boil and poach for 10-12 minutes until cooked through. Leave to cool in the liquid for 5 minutes. Remove and slice thinly.
- Meanwhile, combine the stock with 1 cup (250ml) water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Add the rice and simmer over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes until tender. Drain (if necessary) and fluff with a fork.
- Combine the chicken, rice, mint, salad leaves and dates in a bowl.
- Combine cinnamon, honey (optional) and lemon juice in a small bowl, add to the rice mixture and toss to coat. Serve warm.