Carrot and Pineapple Cake
- 1 cup plain flour
- ¾ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5 tablespoons cold-pressed oil
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 x 400 g can crushed pineapple, drained
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Grease and flour a cake tin.
- Thoroughly mix together all the ingredients except the carrots, pineapple and walnuts.
- Fold in the carrots, pineapple and walnuts.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin.
- Bake at 175°C for 35-40 minutes.
I use a 20 cm square tin for this mix and line the base with baking paper instead of flouring the tin.