Lemon Soufflé Baked Cheesecake
Serves 10 -12
- 150g plain sweet biscuits
- 65g reduced fat margarine, melted
- 500g ricotta cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cornflour sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, sifted
- ½ lemon, juice and finely grated zest
- 4 eggs, separated
- ½ cup light sour cream
- Preheat oven to 180°C conventional or 160°C fan forced
- Place biscuits in food processor and process until finely crushed. Add margarine and process until well combined. Press into the base of a lightly greased 20cm springform pan.
- Place ricotta into food processor and process for 30 seconds or until smooth. Add sugar, cornflour, baking powder, lemon juice, lemon zest, egg yolks and sour cream. Process for a further 30 seconds. In a separate bowl beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold egg whites through ricotta mixture.
- Pour on top of biscuit crumb. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown on top. Centre will still appear slightly runny when hot, but will set on cooling. Cool in oven.
Tip: Buy a wedge of ricotta from the delicatessen. This is firmer than smooth ricotta in the tub.